Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Top 5 Podcasts For Ladies

I recently found out that one of my favorite humans, Sophia Amoruso, has a weekly podcast called #girlboss radio and I knew I had to give this podcast thing a try. I looked to see if any of my other favorite ladies had podcasts of their own, and guess what... THEY DO. In the past couple of months my time getting ready in the morning, driving, and showering have been spent listening to some of my biggest role models! These podcasts (among others) have been a huge source of inspiration, motivation, advice, information, and of course comedy. I don't see my newfound obsession with podcasts fading anytime soon.
Listen Here
#girlboss radio
In this podcast, Sophia Amoruso (founder of Nasty Gal and the original #GIRLBOSS), interviews some of her favorite #girlbosses. Her guests range from stylists to comedy writers and just about everything in-between. Sophia is also hilarious, sarcastic, smart, and sassy- all qualities I admire in a lady.
Listen Here
Women Of The Hour
This podcast is hosted by a lady we all admire (and if you don't I feel sorry for you) Lena Dunham. Lena is one of my favorite feminists because she isn't afraid to be open and talk about the more touchy topics women are currently facing in society. What I love most about this particular podcast is the balance between the serious topics and humor. This is probably partially due to the fact that Lena is an amazing comedian and human.
Listen Here
Oh Boy by Man Repeller
Oh Boy is probably the most motivating podcast I listen to. Jay Buim interviews successful women in all different career fields (mostly creative). It's so interesting listening to how these awesome women achieved their goals and became successful pursuing their passions! I would definitely encourage all college-aged women to listen to this podcast. It's definitely helped to reduce my personal stress about the future and my career.
Stuff Mom Never Told You 
This podcast from HowStuffWorks is hosted by Cristen Conger and Caroline Ervin. Cristen and Caroline cover just about every topic related to women you can imagine. Some of the most recent podcasts have covered topics such as marriage, tarot reading, abortion, adult acne, etc. It's a super informative and entertaining podcast for both women AND men. 
Monocycle with Leandra Medine
This is the perfect podcast to listen to on your lunch break or walk to class because most of them are only 10 minutes long. Leandra Medine is the founder of Man Repeller, and listening to Monocycle is basically like having a conversation with one of your best gal pals. (Love you, Leandra)

Some other podcasts I love (& I hope you will too) are:

  • The Broad Experience
  • Call Your Girlfriend
  • Stuff You Should Know
  • TED Radio Hour
  • Call Your Girlfriend
  • She Does
  • Millennial

Please please please hit up the comment section if you have any podcasts you love that I didn't list. I'm always looking for more!

xo. Brooke

No comments: