Monday, April 20, 2015

Music Monday

Okay, so I love love love music (specifically alternative music). I've decided to start a Music Monday series in which I will share 10 tracks I love in each Music Monday post! I am a firm believer in sharing music and urging others to listen to artists I like (I want my favorite bands to be successful so they can continue making beautiful music for me to enjoy), so please take some time out of your day to sit back and listen to these rad jams.


1. Electric Love- BØRNS 
If you want to let loose and dance, this is your song. It's upbeat and so much fun to jump around and dance with your cat to. (Luna loves to dance with me)


2. Brooklyn Girls- Catey Shaw
This song is so much fun. Put on your favorite pair of sunnies, jump in the car, and blare this song with your windows down. I promise you won't regret it!


3. I Can Wait And You Begin- Modern Friend
This band local to Kansas City and they are AMAZING. They have a super cool 1975-esque vibe that just makes you want to dance. These guys will be making it big very soon.


4. Hand In My Pocket- Alanis Morissette
This song is a classic. It will make you feel super hip and want to yell "GIRL POWER" for the whole world to hear.


5. Maybe- Birdy
This song is a bit slower than the rest, but still has a great beat to sing along to. Also, Birdy has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard so there's also that.


6. Where Does the Good Go- Tegan and Sara
[FUN FACT] The first time I heard this song was on Grey's Anatomy~ Christina and Meredith had a dance party, and this song was playing in the background. It was so good that I got up and joined them.


7. Beware the Dog- The Griswolds
This song is great because it's so upbeat and the lyrics are the literal opposite. Once you learn it you can't help but sing it at the top of your lungs. (don't listen to this song if you are easily offended by cussing. Sorry mom, it's just such a good song)


8. Say It Ain't So- Weezer
Again, this is a classic. You can try and not sing along, but once the chorus starts the game is over.


9. My Song 5- HAIM
These sisters are the epitome of cool~ it literally radiates off of them. Their music is alternative in the best way possible with a hint of 80's pop. Magical, really.


10. Crystallized- Young the Giant
This song starts out with a super awesome howl. If you add a howl to a song it gets instantly 10x better in my book. (She Wolf by Shakira is the prime example of this)

I hope I maybe listed some songs you've never heard before so that you can go listen and fall in love! Now go have a dance party and burn hundreds of calories (because that's the only way to dance).

Cheers!

xo. Brooke

No comments: