Thursday, October 22, 2015

How I Stay Organized

I have always been pretty neat and organized. In addition to being organized, I also love planning. If I wake up without a plan for the day anxiety starts to set in- because of this I get very frustrated when I am in a class/organization that does not supply a calendar or doesn't stick to the calendar. I just can't handle that kind of stress in my life! Anyways, here are 5 of my many organization tips!

Get a great planner
I LOVE my planner. I have absolutely no idea how I would get anything done without it. My life would be absolute chaos. I am a firm believer that there is a perfect planner out there for everyone. Soul-mates may not exist, but soul-planners so so so do. This year I have been using a Sugar Paper planner from Target, and it has been my favorite planner by far! I prefer to use large notebook sized planners with monthly tbs and lined weekly pages, and my Sugar Paper planner has all of those things! (FYI Sugar Paper's Target 2016 collection will hit the shelves the first week of November! I will definitely be there to get my 2016 planner before they get picked over)

Plan ahead
Planing ahead is a huge way to help you stay organized. I like to plan monthly, weekly, and daily. I know some people who plan each day to the hour, which is super awesome, but way too much pressure for me. I find that I am a lot less stressed if I know what the days, weeks, and months ahead are going to look like.

Make lists
Lists are wonderful things. I make lists for just about everything- packing, daily tasks, cleaning, shopping, etc. I get a huge amount of satisfaction from crossing completed things off of my to-do list. It gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling... Which may be sad, but I don't care okay??!!

De-clutter once a week
This is something I started doing when I came to college and I was living in a dorm. My small dorm room got cluttered so easily, so I would tidy up my space once a week. Living in a tidy space made me feel so much better and more productive. I continued this habit when I moved into my apartment last year, and it has made my life so much easier. Especially when decide I deep clean my apartment.

Find what works for you
Ultimately everyone is different, and there are some things that just don't work for certain people, and that's totally okay! I've spent a lot of time reading different blogs and articles about organization and have tried things that I just can't do because they just don't work for me. The best way to find out how you should stay organized is to try different methods until you find something that works. And believe me, you will find something.

Here are some great planners to help you stay organized in 2016:
Rifle Paper Co.
Sugar Paper LA
Design Love
A Beautiful Mess
Also, here is a 2016 calendar I'm in love with just in case anyone wants to get me a nice present.
Etsy
Enjoy your organization adventures!

xo. Brooke

No comments: