Thursday, October 29, 2015

Trends I Love: Fall 2015

As an apparel merchandising and product development major, I am expected to keep up with current trends and styles. I do this by reading fashion blogs (Who What WearMan Repeller, etc.) reading industry publications (Apparel Magazine, Fashion Snoops, etc.), and going on Pinterest. Sometimes I come across a trend that completely rocks my world and I usually end up doing extensive research on that specific trend. Here are 6 Fall trends I love:

Source
Blue hair
I came across the picture above on Pinterest a couple of days ago and I immediately fell in love. I recently dyed my hair black and have been wanting to add some color in a more subtle way. I'm positive I'll be daydreaming of this hair color for months to come. SO BLUE. SO RAD.

Free People
Blanket capes
Blanket capes are THE BEST. It's basically like you're wearing a blanket wrapped around you all day. I don't know what could be more comfy. I recently made my own with some grey and black flannel I got at JoAnn's and I'm dying for it to get cold so that I can wear it! Also, how gorgeous is this knit one from Free People?!

Stay Home Club
Graphic tees
I am a sucker for a weird/sarcastic/ironic/sassy graphic tee. They just look so great under flannels or cardigans for those lazy days we all have. Stay Home Club and Culture Flock Clothing are my two favorite websites for great graphic tees, and other weird/sassy/cat themed goodies.

These Are Things
Sassy pins
Enamel lapel pins are the perfect way to add a bit of your personality to any outfit. These Are Things has so many great lapel pins priced at $10 a pop! What a steal, am I right?!! At that price I'm sure I will have a collection of them in no time. 

Madewell
Leather Totes
I'm a sucker for a great leather bag. My favorite leather tote I've come across in my many hours of online window shopping is Madewell's transport tote pictured above. Madewell also offers $10 monogramming on their leather goods. The monogrammed transport tote is the first thing on my Christmas list this year! (Mom, please. I need this bag.)

Nordstrom

Casual Sneakers
Stylish casual sneakers are super popular right now. I love how many great versatile styles there are to dress any outfit up or down all while maintaining the same level of comfort. I'm obsessed with these fabulous black Sorel sneakers. I also really like New Balance and Saucony casual sneakers.

xo. Brooke

No comments: