Sunday, December 6, 2015

Be Pretty & Save Animals

Source
Over the past several months I have started the transition to buying only cruelty-free products. I made this decision expecting to pay a little more for my beauty and cleaning products than I had been in the past, but I'm actually spending about the same amount! I was completely unaware that many of the brands I already used were cruelty-free brands, I have done some research over the past year on the effects of product testing on animals and let me tell you, the things these helpless animals go through is completely heartbreaking.  Some of the many animals currently being used as test subjects include mice, rats, rabbits, primates, cats, and dogs.... SO SO SAD!! I would highly encourage anyone who loves animals to join me in this transition, and spread the word about the harmful effects of animal testing to your family and friends.

With that being said, there are so many great cruelty-free brands out there and I can't wait to try more of them! Based on what I've tried so far, I have put together a list of my top 5 favorite cruelty-free products for you guys!
Lush
Lush Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar 
This was part of my first ever Lush purchase, and oh my gosh it is incredible! I had several people recommend this bar to me so I knew I had to try it, and I don't think I'll ever go back to regular shampoo. This bar smells amazing and leaves my hair shiny, soft and bouncy. I'm asking for another for Christmas so I'll already be stocked up when I run out. 
Lush
Lush Big Solid Conditioner
Of course I had to buy Lush conditioner when I bought the shampoo bar! This also smells amazing. It doesn't feel like a real conditioner when it's in your hair, but I don't notice any more tangles. I was worried about dryness, but that hasn't been an issue at all! This bar also seems to help in controlling my frizz which is a HUGE plus.
Lush
Lush 93,000 Shower Jelly
This stuff is seriously so fun. It literally feels like a jello version of soap. One of my littles recommended the shower jellies when I was asking her about her favorite Lush products, and I absolutely love the 93,000 scent. It really just smells like cinnamon, but I love cinnamon so obviously I think it's great. 
Target
e.l.f Blush in Twinkle Pink
I LOVE this blush shade; it's not too coral and not too pink. Also, it's only $3 and you can't beat makeup that cheap! I was so happy to find out that e.l.f is a cruelty-free brand because all of their make up is SO cheap and I have yet to find a product that I didn't like! 
Target
NYM Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo
I have tried several different brands of dry shampoo and this one is by far my favorite. I only wash my hair every other day, so on the day's I don't wash I will use this. I love it because it doesn't leave that powdery look in my dark hair that a lot of other brands do. This brand is also very affordable!

I am so excited about this change in my life. I feel so much better when I'm getting ready in the morning knowing that the products I'm using aren't tested on animals. I know I only listed three brands in this post (sorry, Lush is seriously so great and I'm still obsessed), but there are a ton of companies who are against animal testing. For further information on companies that DO and DON'T test on animals head over to peta.org!

xo. Brooke

No comments: