Tuesday, September 29, 2015

All About Coffee

Today is National Coffee Day (arguably one of the best days of the year among Thanksgiving and Christmas). If you know me, you know I L O V E coffee, so this holiday is right up my alley. I figured I would celebrate the day dedicated to my favorite drink by writing a blog post about my favorite coffee, brewing method, and sharing some super out-of-the-box coffee recipies. Before I get in to all the fabulous things mentioned previously, I would just like to announce that Dunkin Donuts is giving away FREE medium hot and iced coffee today!! WHAT A DEAL AM I RIGHT?!

Okay so I am from Dallas, but my boyfriend Kainen is from Kansas City, where he introduced me to THE BEST coffee I have ever had. I know what you're all thinking, "didn't Buddy the Elf find the world's best cup of coffee in New York?" No, he did not not, the best cup of coffee can be found at The Roasterie in Kansas City, MO. I have yet to find a coffee that I don't like from the Roasterie. If you've never had the pleasure of enjoying Roasterie coffee I would HIGHLY encourage you to order some beans from their website here to brew at home because it's THAT good. Also, if you're ever in Kansas City and want to do something fun, educational, and wear a dupe cute hair net, you can go take a tour of The Roasterie for free! 

There is something oh so satisfying about brewing a great cup of coffee on your own. First of all, its just super great to make the perfect cup of coffee at home, and secondly you can do it without having to wear pants. My favorite brewing method is French press because it produces such a bold rich flavor coffee that I absolutely love. You can get a good quality French press at a reasonable price on Amazon if you don't already have one!  Mine is a cheap one from World Market, but it still works great! Below is a super cute graphic that illustrates the steps to french press your own coffee! 
Source

Drip coffee is also great, it has more of a crisp clean flavor that I enjoy, especially in the summer. There are so many other methods of brewing, but I don't have the time to cover them all. If you're interested in coffee brewing there are tons of resources where you can read all about it! I am currently enjoying a cup of the 40 Sardines blend from the Roasterie that I brewed in my Keurig. I know that makes coffee lovers like myself across the world cringe, but when I'm short on time the Keurig is the perfect way to ensure that I get my coffee fix in a jiffy. 

Now for some coffee recipes! I haven't made any of these neat-o recipes yet, but they're definitely on my to-do list!
Coffee cupcakes with coffee cream cheese frosting

Recipe Here

Creamy coffee filled brownies

Recipe here

Coffee and toasted almond fudge

Recipe here

Coffee cinnamon rolls

Recipe here

Coffee rubbed pork roast

Recipe here
I hope all this coffee talk has inspired you to venture further into the wonderful world of coffee! Happy National Coffee Day!

xo. Brooke

No comments: